Go2Balkans Hosted Buyer Program offers unique opportunity to attend at no charge the event that brings all Balkan countries under one roof and to establish business contacts with representatives of the tourism industry from the region.
Participation in the B2B Travel Forum is open to National tourist boards and associations, Municipalities and Tourist Centers, Tour operators and travel agencies, Hotels and hotel chains, operators and tourism related service providers, media and journalists.
What are the benefits of attending as a Hosted Buyer?
– Personal calendar to fix appointments with exhibitors that specifically fit your business interests;
– Complimentary 1, 2 or 3 nights* accommodation at 4 star hotel, including breakfast;
– Transfer airport – hotel – IEC – Hhotel – Airport free of charge;
– Welcome Networking cocktail on October 17th, 2016 (free of charge);
– Reimbursement of EUR 100 for travel expenses**;
– Sightseeing program on 18th and 19th of October (free of charge).
The sightseeing program is subject to change.
*According your travel plans (logical itinerary in regard to the event).
**After receiving confirmation for the appointments from the exhibitors the amount will be approved.
Program does not include:
– Transport (flights/ train) to Sofia
– Meals and any personal expenses, including telephone and fax. These should be settled directly with the hotel upon your departure.
– Hotel upgrades
– Taxi fares unless otherwise agreed in writing by Go2Balkans Consortium
– Transportation costs airport – hotel – airport, if arriving / departing outside Hosted Buyers
– Program dates
– Visa application fees
– Travel Insurance (to include: medical, lost or stolen possessions, flight delays).
• Spend a minimum of 6 hours at Go2Balkans per attendance day meeting with the exhibitors or attending presentations.
• Schedule and attend 12 pre-fixed appointments with exhibitors of your choice and 4 free appointments on site. Attend mandatory group appointments (where applicable).
• Buyers cannot change groups after their application has been processed and accepted onto the Hosted Buyers Program.
• Go2Balkans will only accept one application per buyer. In the event of more than one application being received, the first application will be processed.
• Cancellations and / or changes will only be accepted by e-mail or via the Hosted Buyer portal.
• Buyers who do not meet the qualifying criteria will be given the opportunity to attend as a visitor and may take advantage of discounted accommodation.
• Children under the age of 18, and pets (except registered assistance dogs) are not permitted.
• Go2Balkans host the accommodation based on attendance at the exhibition and subject to availability.
• Hotel checkout is 12:00 on the day of your departure unless otherwise agreed by the hotel. Failure to checkout by this time may result in your being charged an additional fee by the hotel. Go2Balkans is responsible for coordinating your participation as a Hosted Buyer including accommodation (bed and breakfast), transfers and scheduled group appointments. You cannot change groups after your application has been accepted.
• Acceptance onto the Hosted Buyer is solely at the discretion of Go2Balkans
• Go2Balkans may host more than one person from the same company as long as they have different international business or work on different accounts.
PLEASE NOTE: Go2Balkans plans to take photographs and video material at Go2Balkans in Sofia and reproduce them in Go2Balkans educational, news or promotional materials, whether in print, electronic or other media, including the Go2Balkans website. By participating in Go2Balkans in Sofia, you grant Go2Balkans the right to use your name, photograph and biography for such purposes. All postings become the property of Go2Balkans. Postings may be displayed, distributed or used by Go2Balkans for any purpose.
18th of October
• After breakfast walking tour of the central part of Sofia – St. Alexander Nevski Cathedral (built in 1912), St. Sofia Church, The Parliament, the Bulgarian Academy of Science, St. Nicolay Russian Church, the National Theater, the National Archaeological Museum, the Presidency, the Council of Ministers, the remains of the old Bulgarian capital – Serdica, St. George Rotunda, St. Nedelya Church.
• Departure to Rila monastery – one of the Symbols of Bulgaria.
– Lunch near the monastery.
– After lunch starts the guided tour in the most famous and fascinating Bulgarian monastery, founded in 10th century from the hermit monk John of Rila and a UNESCO World heritage site since 1983.
You will be amazed by the golden iconostasis (altar wall) in the church, the Old Bulgarian architecture of the buildings and the beautiful wall paintings in a national revival style. Last but not the least, you will be able to see one of the wonders in Bulgaria – the Rafael cross.
• In the late afternoon arrival in Bansko – situated at the foot of the Pirin Mountain in the south-western part of Bulgaria, 160 km from Sofia. Bansko is the most famous winter resort and will surprise you with its rich history.
• Accommodation and dinner in a 4-star hotel.
19th of October
• Visiting the Old town of Bansko – home houses of the poet Nikola Vaptsarov and that of Neofit Rilski – a 19th-century Bulgarian monk, noted teacher and artist. The “Sveta Troitsa” (Holy Trinity) Church is fascinating and the exhibition, dedicated to the most famous citizen of Bansko – Paisii Hilendarski – a Bulgarian clergyman and a key Bulgarian National Revival figure, is remarkable.
• Departure to Plovdiv – the European City of Culture in 2019.
It is a crossroads of ethnicities that have been living together in harmony and understanding for centuries. This is an ancient settlement between the East and the West, where churches and mosques are next to each other.
• Before starting the tour we will have lunch.
• Walking tour of the Old town, which is declared an architectural museum reserve with over 150 monuments of culture. Its magnificent houses are turned into museums, galleries, workshops, restaurants.
This day you will be exploring the sites of Plovdiv, founded by Philip of Macedon. In Plovdiv we will visit the Old town, the Forum of Philippopolis, the Roman Amphitheater.
• Departure to Sofia.